Saturday, July 14, 2012

Changes

Since Tuesday there have been some changes in my life which are exciting. As of Tuesday night I accepted a new job as Principal and 6th grade teacher at Black Hills Lutheran Schools! I am excited about this new chapter in life and know that it will be a chapter filled with lots of new learning where I am able to hone my skills and build upon what I have learned in the past five years as well as what I learned while earning my Masters in School Administration. 


Many of the skills that I have gained in the past five years at TIE will definitely help me in my new position especially as I move to a school that is 1 to 1, how exciting that I will be able to infuse technology into my students learning! I have truly enjoyed my time at TIE and will miss my colleagues but I won't miss some of the random hotels I have stayed in over the years. But even those random hotels have helped shape me into the person I am today and I am thankful for the opportunity I have been afforded and look forward to my new position. 


I may be excited for infusing technology into my teaching and learning but I am most excited that once again I will be able to focus on infusing the Gospel into curriculum. This opportunity will definitely build my faith and I can only pray that it will build the faith of my future students. Go Falcons! 



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! My experience teaching at STM was singular for precisely the reason you mention and I miss it. Talking about Faith and God's love for us while teaching led to many great discussions in the classroom. I hope to read many stories about your new experiences, especially how you use technology in the classroom. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting Lacey!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete