Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Golden Birthday

Last week one of my good friends celebrated her Golden Birthday and I helped her husband get the party ready. As I was looking for a few minimal decorations I came across these adorable little metal buckets that I'm sure were being marketed for Independence Day hence the fact that they were white. However, white wasn't going to fit into the theme of Golden Birthday so I decided that I would simply paint them so I purchased two acrylic paints, one solid gold the other gold sparkles and set to work. 


Before


 After
The buckets were a smooth surface thus painting with strokes was not going to work. I had to use my sponge brushes but they worked perfectly! After two coats of the solid gold and one of the gold sparkles the buckets had been transformed from Independence Day white to Golden Birthday Gold! I must say I was quite pleased with myself for looking at something and seeing in a split second what I could do to make it fit the theme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment